The internship fee is 600 EUR for 4 weeks and 80 EUR for each additional week. Click here, for more info.
Since VIN is a non-profit organization we do not receive any financial support from the government. The application and volunteering fees are required for us to operate and provide you with the opportunity to volunteer. Any profits and donation received is always invested to empower the communities we serve. We have a full time staff to organize the various projects and to support volunteers like you during your time here in Nepal.
We rely on donations and volunteers to support the important work that we do in giving women and children a chance for equality. When you pay us for this opportunity, some of the money will go directly into our programs in the villages, the money will also ensure that you have accommodation (including hotel accommodation during the induction period).
The program fee excludes the following:
• Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee – (check with your embassy or Nepal Immigration for the latest fee structure)- Visa (tourist) fee in US$: 15 days:- US$25 30 days:-US$40 90 days: US$100 Per additional day:- US$2;
• Stationeries during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
• Breakfast and dinner during program induction (€5 per day will be enough)
• Return transfer to airport -VIN staff can help you to drop you off the airport if you need help;
• Transportation during weekends travel;
• Entrance fees to the cultural Heritage – $22 max for main cultural sites;
• Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc. If you are interested VIN can organize for you with affordable prices);
• Laundry, internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
• Gifts to project staffs and host family, if you wish to buy any;
• Should you wish to spend more time in Kathmandu pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
• Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
• You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $20 to cater for all your other expenses like bottled water.
All other expenses except your food and accommodation in the host family/Monastery during your volunteer placement at VIN are your responsibility. These may include buying bottled water and extra food items; socializing with other volunteers and friends in your spare time; shopping for personal items and gifts.
Since the departure tax is now included in the price of the flight tickets for both international and domestic connections, there is no need to pay it at the airport.
If you arrive early, intend to stay in Nepal after your volunteer placement, or wish to visit places during your days off, then you will need to have sufficient money to cover this. You can change all major currencies. However, travelers’ cheques can’t be accepted by Nepali banks, and there are numerous ATM machines in Kathmandu where you can withdraw cash in NPR.