Career with VIN
Reports to: Volunteer Manager
Location: The position will be based in Kathmandu, but the applicant should be willing to travel locally as and when required .
Offered Salary : Basic 20,000 per month
Requirement : Needs a driving license along with two wheeler.
Deadline for Application: Friday, 4th May 2018.
Job Overview: The Volunteer Coordinator role at VIN is responsible for all the coordination and logistic elements to ensure an effective settling in of volunteers in the country, host families and project placements.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Before Placement:
- Collect volunteers personal details (emergency contacts, contact numbers, email)
- Prepare Volunteers Cards
- Identify, profile and confirm host family/organisation/ Monastery with Volunteer Manager for placement
- Prepare and make sure hosts families are informed and ready to host volunteers
- Prepare, update data and documents in server
- During Placement:
- Welcome new joiners at the airport / office
- Arrange pick ups ( hotel – office, office – host family, host family – hotel)
- Arrange sightseeing, community visits and hospital appointments (if needed)
- Leading excursions for volunteers (if needed)
- Inform volunteers about review and follow up meetings. Conduct the meetings and keep records / notes.
- Record volunteers arrival / departure dates to host families and also travel / trekking. Work with the accountant to make sure this information is up to date.
- Record expenses of Volunteer Program
- End of Placement:
- Receive all the documents / reports from the volunteers
- Make sure an Exit / Feedback survey is sent to volunteers
- Arrange Exit / Feedback Interview
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
- Decisiveness: Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience: Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost- effective results. Complies with established control systems and rules.
- Public Service: Shows a commitment to serve the public. Ensures that actions meet public needs; aligns organizational objectives and practices with public interests.
- Continuous Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self- development.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher studies in any discipline
Experience as volunteer/mobilizing volunteer is desirable
- Advanced level MS Office Package (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Fluent in English and Nepali
If you are interested in the role, please send your most updated CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with in 4th May 2018 by office hour 5:00 PM