Personality Development for Children – (KIDS, EDU)
|Code||Name of Project||Location||Date||Type||Total Vols.||Male||Female||Age|
|VINWC19-07||Personality Development for Children||Tarakeshwor / Kathmandu / Okharpauwa||6 – 17 May 2019||KIDS, EDU||12||6||6||18+|
|VINWC19-24||Personality Development for Children||Tarakeshwor / Kathmandu / Okharpauwa||18 – 30 Nov 2019||KIDS, EDU||12||6||6||18+|
Background/Project: Children are not just little adults. They go through typical stages of growth—intellectually, emotionally, and socially—on their way to becoming adults. Sometimes we may think that children are too young to understand a gospel principle or that we really don’t have much influence with our older children.
Developing a child’s personality is an essential element in today’s competitive world. A developed personality is definitely a key to success. Though developing personality in children is a slow and steady process, it enhances their confidence in future.
Developing a child’s personality holds a great importance, as it brings a lot more changes in the way the child behaves, deals or accepts a situation, or life itself. And then who as a parent would like to see lot of personality traits in a child. A child with a developed personality can stay socially viable, will be able to impress his audience, interact better, handle situations with great ease, have a positive approach towards each and every situation in life, and handle stress better.
In the present context in Nepal, the school and family focus on getting good marks in exams. However, it is not focused on exploring the hidden talents of children and develop them for future. Children have less opportunities for those. This project aims to dig out the hidden talents and develop different skills so that they can perform better in the future.
- To dig out child’s hidden talents, boost their confidence and improve their communication skills and language.
- To develop the ability to enhance one’s scope of knowledge by widening the boundaries and few hobbies or brushing of particular skills
- To help child get over from any of his/her weaknesses and bring a positive attitude in the child’s way of thinking and living.
Work and activities:
- Prepare and conduct the research to dig out child’s hidden talents and interest.
- Organize sessions of different life skills like communication, public speaking, leadership and so on.
- Prepare and implement different sessions and activities to improve children’s ability.
Placement Support Process: Each volunteer is greeted and received by VIN local staff at the airport and taken to VIN hostel / hotel. The first day is the arrival day. The second day volunteers will receive a full day orientation at VIN office in Kathmandu. The placement orientation will cover cultural tips, survival phrases on Nepali language, health tips, preparation for project activities and an introduction to VIN. You will always be guided by a Nepali camp leader and VIN supervisors will visit you time to time for follow up support. Should you have any concerns on the work camp, you may always call us for immediate help. On the last day of the work camp, you will submit a detailed work report, fill up an exit form and sit with VIN executives for exit interview and feedback session.
- Tarakeshwor: Tarakeshwor municipality is situated outskirt of Kathmandu District. It is around 10-15 km from main ring road to Balaju, Kathmandu covered with hills, fields and woods.
Accommodation: The volunteers will stay with the host family/hostel identified by VIN. The living facilities are simple and basic. Male and female volunteers will share the same living area with separate rooms. The volunteers sleep on simple beds / mattress. Please bring your sleeping bag.
Language: Basic English should be spoken among the participants.
Participation Fee: The participation fee is 200 Euros (+30 Euro for transportation) is to be paid on your arrivals at VIN Office.
The Participation Fee Covers:
- Food and Accommodation: Nepali Standard at a local host family – 3 meals a day
- Transportation: Airport pick up and pick up and drop to the working community site
- Materials for the work-camp, community development projects support
- Local volunteers’ support cost
- VIN T-shirt, and certificate of participation
- 24 hours emergency support
- VIN admin cost.
Airfare, VISA, Travel medical insurance, return airport transfer, entrance fees on the world heritage sights, Personal travel and weekend activities expenses etc.
Meeting point: VIN staff will pick each volunteer from the airport. The volunteers are requested to send their flight details to VIN on time so that we can send our staff with your name card and VIN’s Logo.
If you want to come earlier and explore the country more, you may find pre-paid taxi at the airport or VIN may help you on that.
Airport : Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
Leisure Activities: You can go for the sightseeing at various cultural heritage sites around Kathmandu. VIN also organizes weekends travel tours to Chitwan Jungle Safari, Pokhara, Nagarkot at an additional cost if you are interested.
[The detail info sheet and acceptance letter will be sent from VIN after we receive your Complete Volunteer Exchange Form (VEF) from the sending organization]