VIN is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation, entirely dependent upon the resources of our volunteers and supporters.
VIN’s principle objective is the empowerment of marginalised communities through mid to long-term project work. Our approach is consistent and sustainable and aims to use our resources efficiently. While our volunteers help to provide time, expertise and financial resources to fund our operation, the staff of VIN work hard to ensure that our community programs run continuously and that our volunteers are provided with a well organised and facilitated experience, which is enriching for all concerned.
Without the program fees that you pay, VIN would be unable to sustain the platform upon which both our project work and the support that we provide to volunteers and interns are based.
VIN is a Nepal-based organisation. We are not an agency and we place volunteers in our own programs. The majority of our staff are local. They are paid reasonable salaries by Nepali standards, however, this accounts for very little of our overall costs. All of your program fee goes directly to either fund your time in Nepal, including transport, food, accommodation, induction, or towards funding our communities programs, along with the every day administrative costs that these things incur.
At VIN, we work hard to continue to work efficiently, ensuring that our program fees remain affordable for our volunteers and interns and our community work continues to be consistent and effective.
Completely Free Volunteering Opportunity for Nepalese citizens who reside in Nepal.
50% off on volunteering Fee for the Nepalese citizens who live abroad (NRN – Non resident Nepalese) and want to volunteer in Nepal with VIN.
|Program Duration in Weeks / Program Fees in Euro (€)|
|S.N||Program Type||2||3||4||6||8||10||12||14||16||Each additional week|
|3||Volunteer & Charity Trekking||3 weeks volunteering & 12 days Charity Trekking 1250|
|4||Volunteering & Travel Tour||4 weeks volunteering and weekend(3 nights 5 days) travel tour 780|
|5||Buddhist Monastery placements are available 4 + weeks only||There will be 70 EUR Extra fee if multiple projects are chosen to cover logistic support|
Please read the following information carefully before you book your position:
- The program costs are reviewed in every July to adjust the inflation rates. Convert costs in your currency Click here
- To book a volunteer / internship placement with us, you should pay €100 using Paypal Click here online or bank transfer as stated below. This amount is for processing your application; pre departure support and ensures your arrival at VIN and NOT deductible from program fees. We only accept payment once you are accepted for the program.
- You may contact us for customized group Volunteering & program fee.
- If you wish to work for more than one placement, then you are required to pay €70 extra to cover our extra logistic work.
- Program Induction (Please watch our Program Induction Video, click here to learn what to expect): 2 start dates are usually available each month. We start program induction 1st and 15th of each month. It varies from 1 to 3 days or even a week depending on program duration. Induction period is considered part of your volunteering / internship program period. If you wish to come in between for a short period, you will receive a basic orientation before the placement. Please arrive one day prior to the program induction date.
- Please read VIN’s online “Terms and Conditions“ before you confirm your placement;
- We mainly accept cash payment. If you wish to pay by Paypal, there will be 5.5% extra cost to cover paypal transaction and bank transfer fees. We accept only Nepali Rupees, Euros and US dollar.
The program fee covers:
- Airport pick up by VIN staff with Nepali culture
- Pick up from hotel to VIN office
- Hotel to project site on the first day with your luggage
- From the project site to VIN office / Hotel on the last day with your luggage;
2) Program Induction (Pre service training)
- Presentation on VIN history, development, strategies, success and failure stories
- Survival Nepali language course ; 2 hours each day during the induction
- Nepali culture & Do’s & Don’ts
- Presentation on Nepali history, politics, economy, social problems
- Health & safety Tips
- Program related orientation, e.g. teacher training -TEFL tips.
- A half day sightseeing of world heritage sites, e.g. Patan Darbur Square, Pashupatinath / Baudhanath Stupa
- Stationary & handouts of the presentations
- Safe travel, trekking, adventure assistance
3) Food & Accommodation
- Accommodation at a budget hotel on same gender sharing basis and lunch at VIN’s office during program the induction.
- Food & accommodation during placement with a host family / hostel / monastery / orphanage homes (depending on your program)
- The living standard will be of Nepali standard and 2 to 3 meals provided;
4) Administrative Cost
- Staff salaries
- Office rent & office supplies
- Regular follow up support
- Meeting & socialization with volunteers & interns from different countries
- 24/7 emergency support
- Free wireless internet at our office
- Communications like Internet & phone, letters
- VIN promotional visits
- Online offline advertisement
- Administrative charge
- Local taxes & membership fees
5)Community Project Funding
- Women’s empowerment: 65+ women’s clubs, women’s cooperatives, income generative projects, education & life skills
- Children’s development: 20+ early child development centers, 19 children’s clubs, 5 orphanagehomes, hundreds of children’s education , school building, compound, classroom, toilet construction and material support, teacher training
- Community health: Free medical check-up for over 3000 poor people by professional VIN’s doctor. Lab, medicine, mobile clinics, school health and toilet construction for each poor families
- Youth empowerment: 11 youth clubs and their activities to empower local youth
- Project staff salaries
- Support for local volunteers
The program fee excludes the following:
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee – (check with your embassy or Nepal Immigration for the latest fee structure)- Visa (tourist) fee in US$: 15 days:- US$25 30 days:-US$40 90 days: US$100 Per additional day:- US$2;
- Stationeries during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
- Breakfast and dinner during program induction (€5 per day will be enough)
- Return transfer to airport -VIN staff can help you to drop you off the airport if you need help;
- Transportation during weekends travel;
- Entrance fees to the cultural Heritage – $22 max for main cultural sites;
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc. If you are interested VIN can organize for you with affordable prices);
- Laundry, internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staffs and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Should you wish to spend more time in Kathmandu pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $20 to cater for all your other expenses like bottled water.
Please use the following bank address to send money for VIN:
SWIFT CODE: SIDDNPKA
Account Number: 0191 5196068
Bank Name: Siddhartha Bank
Ward No 15, Swoyambhu, HallChowk,
TEL: 01-4033606 / 4033607
SWIFT CODE: EVBLNPKA
Account Number: 02000501209578
Bank Name: Everest Bank Limited
Balaju, Kathmandu, Nepal
Remember: If you wish to pay using Paypal, then you should pay 5.5% extra for Paypal fees and transfer charges and you are required to cover the bank transfer fees, if you transfer to our above bank account.
Note: Once you start your placement, if you wish to discontinue in any reason, the programs fee you pay are not refundable.
VIN is solely funded through the Program Fees paid by volunteers like you. VIN receives no funding from other donor agencies. Independent donations are welcomed and will be applied toward various projects established by VIN. If you are interested in providing a donation, please use our online DONATE NOW button.
Thank you for reading and understanding!