Earthquake Victim Fund
Your donation will positively impact the lives of the most marginalised people whom we are working with to build a better future.
Nepal experienced a destructive earthquake and successive powerful aftershocks in 2015. The earthquake killed nearly 9,000 people, injured tens of thousands and left millions in need of humanitarian assistance. The damage across the country cost Nepal tens of billions of dollars and left the country heavily in debt.
Repairing the damage is a huge task.
- 600,000 houses were completely destroyed.
- The government has supported some homeowners with small grants to rebuild.
- Unfortunately, the small grants are totally insufficient to build with.
- Many victims have little to no money.
- Many victims are ineligible for assistance as they don’t have title deeds.
- Many victims are ineligible for assistance as they share land with other properties
- Many victims have had to obtain loans with sky high interest rates.
- Many victims are still living in temporary shelters – which offer little safety or security.
- Many victims feel forgotten about.
Our work remains as important as ever. Help VIN assist those in greatest need
Your donation will help families build a safe and secure place to call home.